Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Eclectic Jenn

Everyone: Meet the Eclectic Jenn


I have had so much fun not only seeing Jenn again but, also, seeing Jenn in my chair! Here is a little background: Jenn and I are former co-workers! We haven't seen each other for a while so it was fun to catch up! She has a BEAUTIFUL family consisting of her husband and baby girl! I've loved the story and picture sharing as well as some future parenting advice! Seriously I love baby stories!!


Well here is what we have done! As you can tell I'm the worst a remembering before pictures but in this case I'm really wishing I did because this was a HUGE transformation!


Color Breakdown:
Jenn came in with dark brown hair. She hadn't had her color do e for a while so she had a lot of her natural re-growth as well. We proceeded with what is called (in the technical hair terms) a "Color Correction". I usually like to refer it to a 2 Color Process with clients so the title does not mislead you. The reason it's called a Color Correction is because the process of achieving your desired color (whatever the end goal is) it would require more work than just applying the desired color, letting it process and poof! There is your color!


This color required a "corrective" shampoo to lift away some of her dark color then allowing us to then apply her desired color over top. It's a longer process than normal. I usually quote clients about 3-4 hours.


Cut Breakdown:
Now, in this case the terms "corrective" cut is absolutely considered the real definition of the word "corrective"! She came in with a dis-connect cut. It was just a little too disconnected. So this cut was fun to dissect!! Taking it section by section to find all the areas that needed correcting! From the perimeter to the interior of her hair it required a lot of re-shaping. I had a BLAST! In result to this corrective cut: a fun layered hair cut. Creating a shattered look through her ends. Allowing Jenn to style in so many different ways!


It was so much fun catching up! Appointments like these I feel like I can honestly say I got to play with hair! Hope you enjoy the pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment