Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Lovely Grandparents

Everyone: Meet Grandma and Grandpa


I had the wonderful pleasure of doing my grandmothers hair! I have to be completely honest... Since the day I started hair school I have had this dream about the day my grandmother would ask me to do her hair. And it would kind of slowly and painfully turn into a little bit of a nightmare!!! I have heard only stories of my grandmothers history with her hair. Here is a little background info for all of you out there in case you are curious:


My grandmother has been cutting and perming her own hair for forever!! (I know that takes serious talent and patience if you ask me) She also, has a wonderful brother that has been a very talented and experienced hairdresser for forever! The stories I had heard were about the cuts that weren't exactly her favorites. I was nervous and a little bit scared for this day.


But... Guess what everyone?!! That day came and went, and I have to say it was an amazing learning experience and a memory that I will cherish till the day I die!! I only did a basic trim... About a 1/2 inch off everywhere and a little re-shaping of the layers is all she was requiring. She even said,"don't worry about styling I'll just leave wet..." Those of you who know me as a hairdresser know that the style is my FAV part! So, after a bit of convincing... She said yes! I had so much fun and I hope my grandmother enjoyed herself as well.


Don't forget about Grandpa:
Talk about the cutest husband ever! He say on the waiting couch and read all the gossip magazines and supported both of us the whole time!


A MASSIVE thanks to my amazing Grandparents!! I will NEVER forget this day! You mean so much to me and I treasure every second I get with you!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is looking great, Tara. I'm so proud! And Grandma's hair looks terrific, too.

    ReplyDelete